Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hair extension dying help!?

I have glue-in hair extensions - not fusions, but the ones that are glued to your scalp with a rubber-based glue. They've been in around two months, and naturally, within those two months, they've slipped down because my hair has grown. The glue has stayed in a couple of those spots. Now, I want to dye my hair (not bleach it), and I want to keep the extensions it because it will be quite impossible to take all of them out, dye my hair, buy new extensions to match, and, glue them back in. I really, really, want to dye my hair, and I was wondering if it will be safe to do so with the glue remnants in my hair? I know it most likely would not come out even, but that's really not my main concern, because the spots that are uneven would be covered. I was told by someone that the dye would remain in the spots with glue in them and break the hair? Does anyone else see this possibility? =/



Thanks for your help. %26lt;3



Hair extension dying help!?

The resin (glue) can be removed easily with acetone. You can get acetone from any hardware store. To remove you apply a little bit of Acetone to a cotton ball, enough acetone to make the cotton ball fell moisture. Hold the cotton ball around the section where the resin is for 30 - 40 seconds. Then slide the resin off the hair shaft. The acetone will do no damage to your hair, so there is no need to stress about that!



Hair extension dying help!?

You need to go see a beautician. Seems from reading your post, you have been terribly misinformed about the proper care and maintenance of your extensions. Don't try and do this yourself PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment